Serious Games applied to teaching in Software Engineering
On November 21-22 2019 we are hosting at Complutense University of Madrid the second IMPRESS Project Multiplier event. The main objective of this event it is to show the ongoing progress of the project to other teachers / practitioners, that are interested in how to apply serious games and other gamification techniques in order to increase student engagement and motivation regarding two Software Engineering specific topics: software testing and formalization.
- 14:00-15:40, Lab 6 (second floor): Code Defenders demo session.
- 16:00-17:40, Lab 3 (second floor): Formal Z demo session.
On the morning of the 22nd, we will host a joint seminar with the e-Madrid research network: «Serious games applied to teaching in software engineering», where we will deepen a bit further some of the project’s results. The seminar will be held on the “Sala de Grados” (first floor), and the agenda is:
- 11.00 – 11.20 / «The IMPRESS project goals: improving the quality of software through games and gamification in educational programs».
- 11.20 – 12.00 / «Gamifying a software testing course with the Code Defenders Testing Game».
- 12.00 – 12.40 / «Adding Fun in Teaching Formal Specifications with Gamification»
- 12.40 – 13.20 / «Gamified learning activities with quizzes an AI storytelling to improve software engineering education».
The seminar will be streamed online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX2sH3QkH1Q.